Coastal Mechanics’ experience and track record means it is held to the highest standards of aerospace and defense manufacturing regulations, accreditation, and levels of quality control. Our certifications and compliance regime ensures that we are prepared to address any and every logistical challenge in the industry. Our certifications and approvals include:
The U.S. Department of Defense has certified that our rigorous inspections systems ensure final products conform to drawings, specifications, and contract requirements. They also pass all source inspections and tests required by specific individual contracts.
State Department DDTC/ITAR Registered
As a U.S. company, we are registered with the U.S. Department of State to provide technical defense services to militaries all over the world, and regularly file export licenses. Our registration number for the last 30 years: M-3094
DOD JCP 2345 CERTIFIED
DDTC/ITAR REGISTERED AND COMPLIANT
AS5553 COUNTERFEIT COMPLIANT
IN-HOUSE RESEARCH/DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENTS APPROVED BY VARIOUS OEM SUPPLY CHAINS
OUR CLIENTS INCLUDE:WE HAVE ALSO WORKED ON SOME OF THE MOST COMPLICATED WEAPONS SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD, INCLUDING:
U.S. MARINE CORPS ASSETSImage PreviewFA-18 HornetEA-6B ProwlerAV-8B HarrierAH-1W CobraCH-46 Sea KnightCH-53 StallionC-20G/H Gulfstream IVT-45 Goshawk
Army & Helicopter AssetsImage PreviewUH-60 BlackhawkSH-60 SeahawkAH-64 ApacheOH-58D KiowaAH-1S CobraUH-1H Huey500MD DefenderSH-3 Sea KingTH-67 Creek
Air Defense, Radar & OtherImage PreviewPATRIOTHAWKNIKE-HERCULESTOWAIM-9AIM-7AN/FPS-117AN/TPS-43AN/TPQ-36/37
AIR FORCE ASSETSImage PreviewF-16 Fighting FalconF-15 EagleF-5A/B and E/F TigerF-4 PhantomA-10 WarthogC-130 HerculesP-3 OrionE-3 SentryE-2 HawkeyeKC-135 TankerC-17 Globemaster
- Expertise in all forms of international shipping, customs, freight, export/import licenses (ITAR, DDTC, US Department of State, US Department of Commerce), performance bonds and contracting financial instruments, AES filings
- Experience with all forms of US Government packaging and shipping directives
- Knowledge of Source Approval Management, First Article Testing (FAT), US Government quality inspection practices (DD250 and other GSI)
- Experience with all forms of contracting including FAR 15, IDIQ, PBL, PBH
At Coastal Mechanics, we understand that our reputation is only as good as the last service we delivered. That is why we follow a rigorous quality control process designed to exceed industry standards.
Our process includes:
- A Certified Quality Management System that conforms to both the Aerospace Standard (AS) and International Standards Organization (ISO) frameworks.
- Counterfeit Parts Prevention: We follow the National Quality Assurance AS5553 standardized requirements, practices, and processes concerning parts management, supplier management, procurement, inspection, and evaluation.
- Regular Government Audits: We open our supply chain to government inspections on a regular basis to ensure all parties that we are only using approved manufacturers and parts.
- Government Source Inspections: Our contractors are each subject to regular government inspection.
- Internal corrective/risk management program to assure continuous improvement
- Majority of component traceability records are retained on average of 10 years+
We utilize Lean and Six Sigma process improvement tools to focus on data and encourage analysis-based decision-making.
People and Organizations
Coastal Mechanics is proud to employ veterans of the United States Military. The average member of Coastal Mechanics has more than 20+ years experience in military service with various branches of the armed services.
Coastal Mechanics and/or members of its organization are proud to be members of the following organizations:
- Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
- Army Aviation Association (AAAA)
- Air Force Association (AFA)
- Association of Naval Aviation (ANA)
- Helicopter Association International (HAI)